Free School Meals
Claiming for Free School Meals - Information for families
Entitlement of our pupils to free school meals is handled by Gloucestershire County Council. Further information can be found on Gloucestershire County Council, Free School Meals which includes details about how to apply, as all parents are encouraged to do so online, via the Gloucestershire County Council Online Portal.
In order to qualify for Free School Meals for your children you must be in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) of no more than £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit.
At Cirencester Deer Park School the daily allowance for a free school meal is £2.25, which will be available to spend at lunchtime on hot or cold food via a ‘smart card’. Your child will receive a main course and a dessert. Drinking water is provided, but you will need to pay for any alternative drinks.
Please do not hesitate to contact the School if you require any help in applying or if you have any questions regarding free school meals at Cirencester Deer Park School.