Cirencester Deer Park School is a member of the Corinium Education Trust, a multi academy Trust comprising Deer Park, Kemble, Siddington and Chesterton Primary schools.
As a company limited by guarantee and to meet the requirements of company law the Corinium Education Trust has a dual governance level. It has:
- Members, the equivalent of shareholders in a commercial limited company, and
- Trustees who are the directors of the company and who together comprise the Trust Board (“TB”) and who report and are accountable to the Members. The TB has overall responsibility for the operation of the academies within the Trust. It delegates functions that are specific to the individual academies to committees known as Local Governing Bodies (“LGB”) and it delegates certain of its functions that relate to the Trust as a whole to other committees of the TB.
- An Executive Team, made up of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Finance Director and school Headteachers or Executive Headteachers who have delegated responsibility for the day to day operation of the Trust and the individual academies within the Trust.
Local Governing Body (LGB)
The composition of the Local Governing Body of Cirencester Deer Park is determined by the Trustees but will always include at least 2 elected parent LGB members.
The responsibilities that the Trust has delegated to the LGB are:
- Reporting to the Trust Board on the overall performance of the academy
- In conjunction with the CEO and Headteacher of each school determine the annual spend of that part of the Trust budget delegated to be managed by the academy
- Monitoring of educational outcomes in the academy
- Appointment of staff working at the academy in accordance with Trust policies
- Monitoring all aspects of safeguarding, SEN, equality and student welfare
- Monitoring and managing all aspects of risk in relation to the academy in collaboration with the Headteacher and Finance Director
- Dealing with the regulatory requirements of admissions and exclusions through designated committees of the LGB
- Liaising with the Trust Board, CEO and Finance Director on all aspects of policy setting as they may respectively require
- Arranging election of elected members of the LGB in accordance with the Articles of Association
The LGB may sub-delegate any of its functions to a sub-committee of the LGB or to an individual LGB member or to the Headteacher.
The LGB may be required to convene additional Committees as follows:
- Admissions appeals
- Pupil exclusions appeals
Current members of the Local Governing Body
From 2016. Reporting Actuary in the finance department of the Cirencester-based wealth management company, St James's Place. Treasurer of the CDPS Enrichment Fund.
Adrian Danks (Chair)
One child at Deer Park. Works as a Client Account Director for a Sales and Marketing focussed Management Consultancy business. Rugby Coach at Minchinhampton RFC and English Touch Association qualified Referee.
Has one child at Deer Park. Works for Unicef UK as an education trainer & assessor. Previous experience as a secondary school teacher, local authority advisor and manager in a children’s charity. Recently completed a Masters in Education.
From 2017. One child at Deer Park. Attended Deer Park herself and has 20 years of experience teaching in the Primary Sector. Currently Senior Teacher at a feeder Primary School just outside Cirencester. Holds a postgraduate certificate in Educational Leadership.
One child at Deer Park. MD of digital marketing and web design agency. Extensive involvement in local youth football and FA-qualified referee. Student Mentor for troubled teenagers, as part of county-wide programme run by GFirstLEP in conjunction with the University of Gloucestershire.
Teacher of Science. Former Advanced Skills Teacher, Training Manager and G&T Co-ordinator.
Sarah Watson (Vice Chair)
From 2016. Two children at Deer Park. Service Manager in the telecoms industry. Previous Chair of Governors at primary level. Special interest in technology in schools.
Ruth Woolley (Vice Chair)
LGB member since February 2019 with two children at Deer Park. Works across the South West as a Consultant in Public Health. Currently specialising in sexual health and workforce development.
Clerk to the Trustees and Clerk to the Local Governing Body
Clerk to the Governors of CDPS from 2007-2018.