Cirencester Deer Park School is a member of the Corinium Education Trust, a multi academy Trust comprising Deer Park, Kemble, Siddington and Chesterton Primary schools.
As a company limited by guarantee and to meet the requirements of company law the Corinium Education Trust has a dual governance level. It has:
- Members, the equivalent of shareholders in a commercial limited company, and
- Trustees who are the directors of the company and who together comprise the Trust Board (“TB”) and who report and are accountable to the Members. The TB has overall responsibility for the operation of the academies within the Trust. It delegates functions that are specific to the individual academies to committees known as Local Governing Bodies (“LGB”) and it delegates certain of its functions that relate to the Trust as a whole to other committees of the TB.
- An Executive Team, made up of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Director of Finance & Operations and school Headteachers who have delegated responsibility for the day to day operation of the Trust and the individual academies within the Trust.
Local Governing Body (LGB)
The composition of the Local Governing Body of Cirencester Deer Park is determined by the Trustees but will always include at least 2 parent LGB members.
The responsibilities that the Trust has delegated to the LGB are:
- Reporting to the Trust Board on the overall performance of the academy
- In conjunction with the CEO and Headteacher of each school determine the annual spend of that part of the Trust budget delegated to be managed by the academy
- Monitoring of educational outcomes in the academy
- Appointment of staff working at the academy in accordance with Trust policies
- Monitoring all aspects of safeguarding, SEN, equality and student welfare
- Monitoring and managing all aspects of risk in relation to the academy in collaboration with the Headteacher and Director of Finance & Operations
- Dealing with the regulatory requirements of admissions and exclusions through designated committees of the LGB
- Liaising with the Trust Board, CEO and Director of Finance & Operations on all aspects of policy setting as they may respectively require
- Arranging election of elected members of the LGB in accordance with the Articles of Association
The LGB may sub-delegate any of its functions to a sub-committee of the LGB or to an individual LGB member or to the Headteacher.
The LGB may be required to convene additional Committees as follows:
- Admissions appeals
- Pupil exclusions appeals
Current members of the Local Governing Body
Rachel Brindley (Chair)
Parent Governor from November 2021. One child at Deer Park. Senior Director in research and analysis in technology channels with a focus on sustainability. Previously Foodbank manager across South Cotswolds, focused on understanding drivers and impacts of poverty on local community. Trustee at Community Connexions.
Parent Governor. Speech and language therapist. Undertaking a PhD in developing clinical tools to support the evaluation of health care interventions with people who use communication aids. Trustee of Communication Matters - a charity supporting people who have complex communication difficulties. One child at Deer Park.
Parent Governor. Rich has one child at Deer Park and another who will (hopefully) be joining in September 2022. Working as Group HR Director at Tetra Tech, a global consulting organisation, Rich has experience of board governance and leading organisations through change; as well as having been governor for an outstanding primary school for more than 6 years.
Staff Governor. Member of staff since 2002 and part of the Pastoral Team since 2006. Cotswold District Council ‘Domestic Abuse Champion’ providing access to a network of resources for support. Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead working collaboratively with supporting agencies to keep our pupils safe.
Clerk to the Trustees and Clerk to the Local Governing Body.