We aim to challenge all pupils, including those with special educational needs, to achieve more than they first think is possible. Therefore, we ensure all pupils have their needs met and that they receive their entitlement to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that prepares them for life in modern Britain.
As a comprehensive school and an academy we aim to:
- raise the aspirations of and expectations for all pupils with special educational needs;
- enable pupils with special educational needs to achieve their full potential;
- close the gap in attainment and progress of pupils with special educational needs and the attainment and progress of those pupils without special educational needs;
- support all pupils with special educational needs so that they can become confident individuals and make successful transitions into adulthood, further education or training and employment.
We provide support for pupils with a wide range of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) including those with:
- Communication and interaction needs
including pupils who have speech language and communication difficulties and autistic spectrum conditions;
- Cognition and learning needs
including pupils who have specific learning difficulties like dyslexia, dyspraxia and dyscalculia;
- Social, emotional and mental health needs
including pupils who have anxiety, or ADHD;
- Sensory and/or physical needs
including pupils who have visual or hearing needs, or a physical disability that affects their learning.
- support for the delivery of differentiated learning resources, or becoming experts in a particular pupil need;
- support for individual pupils by prompting engagement, building confidence and encouraging participation in lessons and activities;
- individual or small group interventions as directed by the SENDCO.
Further information on how Cirencester Deer Park School identifies and supports pupils with Special Educational Needs can be found in our Special Educational Needs Policy on our Reports and Policies page, or a hard copy will be sent to you on request.
If you have any concerns about your child having a special educational need, please contact our Special Educational Needs Coordinator, Mrs Lindsay Crew, on 01285 653447 or email her on email@example.com. You can also contact your child’s tutor, Pastoral Manager or Head of Key Stage should you prefer.