Enrichment Week 2018
More than the visible curriculum.
During week commencing 2 July 2018, all pupils at Cirencester Deer Park School were off timetable and learning new skills, experiencing new situations and developing resilience, independence and confidence. Whilst our new Year 11 pupils were out on Work Experience, our pupils in new Years 8 to 10 were taking part in Enrichment Week.
We will be posting reports from each activity below.
- 17 July Wales Castles & Coasts On Monday 2 July 2018, twenty-nine (new) Year 9 pupils and 3 members of staff departed for the Humanities Castles and Coasts Enrichment Week excursion to Wales. The aim of this new excursion was to discover more about the social history and landscape of Wales.
- 17 July STEAM Enrichment Week 2018 was a fun, hands-on and unique experience for our lucky (new) Year 10 STEAM enthusiasts!
- 17 July #CDPSenterprise One of our Enrichment Week 2018 challenges for pupils in our (new) Year 10 was Enterprise and we set ourselves the ambitious target of raising over £2,000 for charity.
- 17 July DofE Practice Training for the DofE Expedition
- 17 July Performing Arts Project Creative activities across different disciplines
- 17 July Aim for the Stars What an incredible week our (new) Year 8 pupils had during Enrichment Week 2018, whilst Aiming for the Stars! The weather may have been hot and sunny but the pupils have outshone the sun with their extremely positive attitudes, resilience and support for each other at each challenge.