Enrichment Week 2017
During the week commencing 3 July 2017 all pupils at Cirencester Deer Park School were off timetable and learning new skills, experiencing new situations and developing resilience, independence and confidence. Whilst our new Year 11 pupils were out on Work Experience, our pupils in new Years 8 to 10 were taking part in Enrichment Week. Read reports from each activity below.
- Aim for the Stars - developing team building and communication skills within tutor groups.
- Capital Experience (London) - experiencing the history and culture of our capital city.
- Community Theatre - creating and working in a small scale 'theatre in education' company.
- Cornish Artistic Adventure - experimenting and creating artwork inspired by Cornwall.
- Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award - training for the qualifying expedition and a practice expedition.
- Enterprise Challenge - designing, making, marketing and selling products.
- Football Coaching - technical and tactical coaching at school, at Swindon Town and at Tottenham.
- France (Paris) - enhancing language skills and developing a wider appreciation of another country.
- Germany (Rhineland) - experiencing the culture and enhancing language skills.
- Holland (Heemskerk) - broadening knowledge and understanding of this fascinating country.
- Sicily - Year 11 Geography field trip.
- M-A-S-S-I-V-E - new experiences and challenges locally including circus skills, tshirt printing, archery.
- Water Sports - three days at South Cerney and two days at Keynes Country Park.
- Work Experience - new Year 11 pupils increasing their awareness of the world of work.