Happy New Year & Remote Learning
Looking forward to 2021
We hope all our members of staff, our pupils and their families have been able to make the best of the Christmas and New Year break within the constraints placed upon us all as a result of the pandemic.
We are looking forward to 2021 and hope that we will soon be able to operate more closely to normal than we are currently able to.
We are preparing to offer pupils COVID-19 tests. These will be voluntary and more information about this will follow shortly.
Following the Secretary of State’s, Gavin Williamson’s announcement in The House of Commons on Wednesday 30 December 2020, and receipt of the latest guidance, we confirm the revised arrangements for the start of the new term.
- Monday 4 January 2021 will be an in-service training day as planned. However, our focus will now be on planning for remote learning and mass testing. We have provisionally scheduled an additional in-service training day for Monday 22 February 2021. Please note, we will keep this date under review and it may be subject to further change.
- From Tuesday 5 January 2021 the school will be open to vulnerable pupils and children of critical workers only. To aid our planning parents are politely requested to book a place if they would like their child/ren to attend this provision. Information has already been sent by email to parents of vulnerable pupils and parents who are critical workers can request a booking form by email to A.Boucher@deerparkschool.net. Pupils will be supervised and provided with support while they access the same remote learning provision as their peers.
- From Tuesday 5 January 2021, in line with the guidance we have received, all pupils in Year 11 are expected to attend live lessons in MS Teams with their normal class teachers and to complete assigned tasks in Show My Homework. Pupils in Years 7-10 will also be able to access learning online in both MS Teams and Show My Homework. All pupils are reminded to check their school emails for notifications and to accept invitations to lessons.
- From Monday 11 January 2021, the school will reopen for face-to-face teaching for pupils in Year 11 who will be taking their exams this summer, while all pupils in Years 7-10 will continue to learn remotely from home. Our in-school provision for vulnerable pupils and children of critical workers will continue.
- From Monday 18 January 2021, pupils in all year groups will return to school.
At Deer Park we are keen to maintain the rhythm and momentum of learning and we will continue to make provision for all of our pupils in line with our remote learning plan.
This means all pupils in Years 7-11 are expected to engage in ‘blended’ learning and follow revised timetables. These follow our current timetables and provide a balance of live lessons in MS Teams and independent tasks assigned in Show My Homework. Pupils are expected to follow our normal school day as closely as possible. These revised timetables will cover:
- Year 11 from Tuesday 5 to Friday 8 January 2021. Year 11 are expected to return to school for face-to-face teaching from Monday 11 January 2021.
- Years 7-10 from Tuesday 5 to Friday 15 January 2021. Years 7-10 are expected to return to school for face-to-face teaching from Monday 18 January 2021.
We will advise you should the guidance we receive from the government recommend further changes.