School Closure, Week 13... and counting!
June 2020. We appreciate there is a wealth of online learning material available for pupils to use at home to complement and enrich their studies, but we ask that our pupils attend their MS Teams lessons and prioritise the work set by our staff on SMHW as this relates directly to our curriculum and schemes of learning. This will help ensure the content is covered and key concepts and skills are practised and will enable all of our pupils to make a smooth transition back into their lessons when they physically return to school.
Cirencester Deer Park School
Pupils can download Microsoft Office 365 via RM Unify free of charge to a number of devices for each login. This will be valid for as long as they are a pupil at Deer Park.
All year groups are now having tutor hour and lessons in MS Teams. We recommend using the app rather than the web version if possible.
Pupils and parents should in the first case contact their tutor or teacher with any learning questions. Any general school queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official Coronavirus Advice
The list below is by no means exhaustive.
Despite these very challenging times, we are fortunate to be able to stay in touch with friends and family using a variety of methods (Zoom, Houseparty, Snapchat, WhatsApp etc) but obviously it is important that we all stay safe online.
- Young Minds
- Action for Happiness
- ChatHealth 11-19 year olds can get advice and support from a school nurse by text message
- Family Information Service - Gloucestershire extended opening hours for parental support. 0800 5420202
- On Your Mind Glos
- TIC+ Teens in Crisis
- TIC+ Chat
- Kooth online support and counselling for ages 11-18
- CAMHS helpline for parents concerned about their child’s mental health: 01452 894300
Pupils know the websites they use regularly in school and will have been advised of additional useful sites including:
- BBC Bitesize including BBC Bitesize Daily
- Online Magazines (select Library Card and insert 556119) including BBC History, BBC Music, BBC Science Focus, The Biologist, Chemistry World, Geographical, New Internationalist, Prospect, Resurgence & Ecologist and The World Today.
- Oak National Academy Online Classroom
- Revision Bird GCSE History revision on YouTube by one of our Year 11s
- Pearson Edexel GCSE Maths Online Lessons
Culture in isolation
Have you checked the previous news item by Miss Lillington which focused on a number of online resources - websites, TV programmes, podcasts and theatre performances - which can expand your horizons in more ways than one?
- Money Advice Service
- Rob Biddulph #DrawWithRob
- Jamie Oliver: Keep Cooking Carry On
- Facebook School Closure Teacher-Parent Support Group
- The Barn Theatre: Tweedy's 'Lost and Found' plus Behind the Barn Door
- Red Cross Kindness Teaching Resources
You will no doubt find your own favourite sites, whether related to specific school topics or general learning.