Online Resources (2)
School Closure, Week 5... and counting!
As we start the term with pupils in Year 10 and 11 following a new, more interactive, timetable and pupils in Key Stage 3 following their initial timetable (see Learning after Easter for both timetables), we would like to ensure that you can easily find this expanding list of useful resources for pupils and parents.
We appreciate there is a wealth of online learning material available for pupils to use at home to complement and enrich their studies, but we ask that they prioritise the work set by our staff as this relates directly to our curriculum and schemes of learning. This will help ensure the content is covered and key concepts and skills are practised and will enable all of our pupils to make a smooth transition back into their lessons when they physically return to school.
The list below is by no means exhaustive.
Cirencester Deer Park School
Please note that pupils can access Microsoft Office 365 via RM Unify and it can be downloaded to a number of devices for each child's login. Year 10 teachers have started to use MS Teams, so we recommend setting up Office 365 asap if you have not already.
Pupils and parents should in the first case contact their tutor or teacher with any learning questions. Any general school queries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official Coronavirus Advice
Despite these very challenging times, we are fortunate to be able to stay in touch with friends and family using a variety of methods (Zoom, Houseparty, Snapchat, WhatsApp etc) but obviously it is important that we all stay safe online.
- Young Minds
- Action for Happiness
- ChatHealth 11-19 year olds can get advice and support from a school nurse by text message
- Family Information Service - Gloucestershire extended opening hours for parental support
- On Your Mind Glos
- TIC+ Teens in Crisis
Pupils know the websites they use regularly in school and will have been advised of additional useful sites including:
- BBC Bitesize including BBC Bitesize Daily
- Online Magazines (select Library Card and insert 556119) including BBC History, BBC Music, BBC Science Focus, The Biologist, Chemistry World, Geographical, New Internationalist, Prospect, Resurgence & Ecologist and The World Today.
- Oak National Academy Online Classroom
- Revision Bird GCSE History revision on YouTube by one of our Year 11s
Culture in isolation
Have you checked the previous news item by Miss Lillington which focused on a number of online resources - websites, TV programmes, podcasts and theatre performances - which can expand your horizons in more ways than one?
- Money Advice Service
- Rob Biddulph #DrawWithRob
- Jamie Oliver: Keep Cooking Carry On
- Facebook School Closure Teacher-Parent Support Group
- The Barn Theatre: Tweedy's 'Lost and Found' plus Behind the Barn Door
- Red Cross Kindness Teaching Resources
You will no doubt find your own favourite sites, whether related to specific school topics or general learning.