Enrichment Week 2019
More than the visible curriculum
During week commencing 1 July 2019, all pupils at Cirencester Deer Park School were off timetable and challenged to achieve more. They were learning new skills, experiencing new situations and developing resilience, independence and confidence. Whilst our new Year 11 pupils were out on Work Experience, our pupils in new Years 8 to 10 were taking part in Enrichment Week. Our thanks to all our staff - we could not run Enrichment Week without you! Read about our Enrichment Week 2019 activities below.
- Aim for the Stars - developing team building and communication skills within tutor groups.
- Baking Challenge - teamwork and skills enhancement whilst creating culinary delights.
- Castles and Coasts (Wales) - broadening knowledge and history of this fascinating country.
- DofE - training for the qualifying expedition and a practice expedition.
- Expressive Arts Project - set building and music technology.
- M-A-S-S-I-V-E - new experiences and challenges locally including circus skills, t-shirt printing, archery.
- Normandy (France) - enhancing language skills on a physical activities trip.
- Rheinland (Germany) - experiencing the culture and enhancing language skills.
- STEM - fun and hands on Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.
- Water Sports - three days at South Cerney and two days at Keynes Country Park.
- Toothpaste Challenge - international (new) Year 11 enterprise challenge in the Netherlands
- Work Experience - (new) Year 11 pupils increasing their awareness of the world of work.
From cooking sausages over a fire in the woods, working as a team to overcome a challenge, travelling abroad for the first time, solving a crime by looking at forensic details, undertaking a two day practice expedition, climbing to great heights, or creating something amazing, our pupils have stepped outside of their comfort zones and have shown themselves to be resilient and resourceful, reflective and reciprocal.
Our (new) Year 11s have been working in a wide variety of placements - whether an architects' office, a marketing agency or financial advisors; whether working with animals or children; whether doing something practical or theoretical; whether in Retail, Science or the Arts - they have grown in confidence and knowledge.