Enrichment Week 2018
More than the visible curriculum
During week commencing 2 July 2018, all pupils at Cirencester Deer Park School were off timetable and challenged to achieve more. They were learning new skills, experiencing new situations and developing resilience, independence and confidence. Whilst our new Year 11 pupils were out on Work Experience, our pupils in new Years 8 to 10 were taking part in Enrichment Week. Our thanks to all our staff - we could not run Enrichment Week without you! Read about our Enrichment Week 2018 activities below.
- Aim for the Stars - developing team building and communication skills within tutor groups.
- Castles and Coasts (Wales) - broadening knowledge and history of this fascinating country.
- #CDPSenterprise - designing, making, marketing and selling products.
- Cornwall - experimenting and creating artwork inspired by Cornwall.
- DofE - training for the qualifying expedition and a practice expedition.
- M-A-S-S-I-V-E - new experiences and challenges locally including circus skills, t-shirt printing, archery.
- Normandy (France) - enhancing language skills on a physical activities trip.
- Performing Arts - creating musical instruments, costumes and sets, plus a performance.
- Rheinland (Germany) - experiencing the culture and enhancing language skills.
- STEAM - fun and hands on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths.
- Water Sports - three days at South Cerney and two days at Keynes Country Park.
- Work Experience - new Year 11 pupils increasing their awareness of the world of work.