Skip to content ↓

Cirencester Deer Park School

Cirencester Deer Park School

Prev Next

Textiles Recycling

Textiles Recycling Project at Deer Park

The Coaching Centre at Cirencester Deer Park School provides a place for pupils to escape the hurly-burly of the school lunch hour. Most pupils love the freedom of the lunch hour and see it as a time to eat, to chat and to let off steam. A few children prefer a smaller space, clear rules and boundaries, with a supervised range of activities and we invite these children to attend the Coaching Centre at lunchtime to provide some respite from their busy and demanding day.

To raise money for our Coaching Centre, we are starting a regular clothing, textiles and footwear recycling service – you bring in items you wish to recycle, we sort the items and deal with a third party company, who will pay us per kg of recycling.

recycle clothingIf you are having a Spring clean over the Easter holidays, please think of us for any unwanted clothing, paired shoes, handbags and belts. The more you bring in, the more money we can raise for our Coaching Centre.

Our first collection will be during the first week back to school after the Easter holidays, week commencing Monday 24 April. Donations during this week should be brought to school in bin bags, carrier bags, old pillow cases. There will be a trailer outside Reception, under cover, to collect donations brought in by pupils, staff or parents.

Once collected by the Bristol-based third party company, the textiles are graded into over 160 categories and the thorough grading process ensures zero textiles go to landfill. Depending on what the item is and what condition it is in, determines where it goes next. From the 20 tonnes of textiles received daily, 12.5% stays in the UK to be reused or recycled and the remaining 87.5% is exported for reuse in Eastern Europe, central Africa, and South Asia.

On a related note, you may find the Love Your Clothes website of interest: smarter buying, care and repair, refashion and upcycle. 

We look forward to taking your donations in the week after the Easter Holiday. thank you.