Enrichment Week 2017
Previewing our Enrichment Week 2017 which will take place Monday 3 to Friday 7 July 2017.
Enrichment Week at Cirencester Deer Park School is a key part of our promise to deliver "more than a visible curriculum and challenge all pupils to achieve more than they first think is possible."
Enrichment Week 2017 will be launched to pupils in assemblies week commencing 14 November and more information about each activity and the costs will be available later that week, with an application deadline currently of Monday 28 November 2016.
During the week commencing 3 July 2017 all pupils at Cirencester Deer Park School will be off timetable and learning new skills, experiencing new situations and developing resilience, independence and confidence. Whilst our Year 10 pupils are on Work Experience, pupils in Years 7 to 9 will be taking part in Enrichment Week.
All pupils in Year 7 will be taking part in our 'Aim for the Stars' programme. Activities are chosen to help develop team building and communication skills and to give individuals a challenge. Pupils in Year 8 and Year 9 have a choice of activities to suit a variety of interests, based at school, based elsewhere in the UK or in Europe. Activities may be subject to change but currently include:
- Aim for the Stars - all of Year 7 * requires deposit of £10 by end November
- Capital Experience (London) - Year 8/9 * requires deposit of £50 by end November
- Community Theatre - Year 8/9
- Cornish Artistic Adventure - Year 8/9 * requires deposit of £50 by end November
- Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award - Year 9 - 56 pupils already signed up
- Enterprise Challenge - Year 8/9
- Football Coaching - Year 8/9 * requires deposit of £50 by end November
- France (Paris) - Year 8/9 * requires deposit of £50 by end November
- Germany - Year 8/9 * requires deposit of £50 by end November
- Holland - Year 8/9 * requires deposit of £50 by end November
- MASSIVE - Year 8/9
- Strictly Dancing - Year 8/9
- Watersports - Year 9 * requires deposit of £40 by end November
Selection is NOT on a first come, first served basis, so there is no need to rush, so long as applications are received by the deadline. More details, including prices, will be available week commencing 14 November.