Friends' Thank You
An end of year message from the Friends of Cirencester Deer Park School
As we reach the end of the Summer 2022 term, the Friends of Deer Park School would like to say a huge THANK YOU to all of the amazing parent volunteers who have helped at their fundraising events during this academic year. Thanks to your support, the Friends have raised over £5,000 and have been able to provide vital funding to the school for a range of items and activities including:
- New outdoor picnic tables
- A monthly online safety newsletter for parents
- A new high jump mat
- Horticultural equipment
- Zumba sessions for pupils to promote positive health during exams
- Specialist coaching sessions for different sports and activities for National School Sport Week for pupils in (new) Year 8-11.
They also recently contributed £3,000 towards the cost of year group reward days at the start of July.
Thank you too to all parents who have come along to events and supported the Friends by
- taking part in our Quiz and Chilli Night, Online Auction or Wine Tasting events
- buying (and donating!) second hand uniform
- purchasing refreshments from us at school events such as primary sporting events or Matilda the Musical
- signing up to easyfundraising (if you haven’t already, visit www.easyfundraising.org.uk and register ‘Friends of Deer Park School Cirencester’ as your good cause).
The Friends are a friendly group of parents who aim to raise money to provide enriching activities, projects and equipment to benefit all pupils. If you would like to volunteer at one of their events or are interested in joining them, please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can keep up to date with upcoming events by following Twitter @CDPSfriends.
Upcoming fundraising events include a Quiz and Chilli Night on Saturday 15 October at the school and an Online Christmas Auction - if you are able to donate an item(s) for our auction, The Friends would love to hear from you.
Don’t forget their 2023 School Calendar competition which is open to all pupils in years 7-11. Find out more...
The next Friends meeting (they meet once each term) will be at school on Tuesday 13 September at 6.30pm. Do come along if you can and support the Friends of Deer Park.
Have a great summer and the Friends look forward to seeing you in the next academic year!