Weather warning next week
Amber/Red weather warning of extreme heat for Monday 18 and Tuesday 19 July 2022
We have been monitoring the weather forecasts for Cirencester (see Met Office: Cirencester). The school will remain fully open week commencing Monday 18 July but in response to the adverse conditions, we have made changes to our working practices and daily routines in order to protect the welfare of pupils and staff.
The following mitigations are in place in response to the extreme temperatures next week:
- Pupils may wear full PE kit to school instead of the normal uniform for the whole of next week;
- Pupils will be encouraged to stay indoors or in shade during breaks and at lunchtimes;
- Certain lessons in the school will be re-roomed into cooler parts of the buildings;
- A number of additional fans are being placed in classrooms around the school to keep air flowing;
- PE lessons will take place inside with reduced sporting activities in response to the heat;
- And we would like all pupils to drink plenty of water and wear sunscreen.