Reinstating face masks from Monday 21 June 2021
Following conversations with the Department for Education’s helpline and local public health advisors, on Friday 18 June 2021 we have advised the close contacts of our third confirmed case of COVID-19 to continue to self-isolate for 10 days from Friday 18 June to Sunday 27 June 2021 inclusive.
Pupil who have been asked to self-isolate should continue to follow their normal school timetables at home and must routinely check their school emails, MS Teams and Show My Homework to inform their planning and help them engage in the activities set by their teachers. We do not want anyone to lose precious ground at this pivotal point in our academic year.
While we believe these confirmed cases are not connected as transmission appears to have happened outside of school, we cannot be certain. Therefore, we have reviewed our procedures and preventative measures.
We are determined to ensure all of our pupils can continue to learn both in school and at home. It is important that we all work together to make this possible.
- To help us minimise the risk of transmission, FROM MONDAY 21 JUNE 2021 WE WILL BE REINSTATING THE WEARING OF FACE COVERINGS BY ALL PUPILS AND STAFF for an initial period of a fortnight.
- Face coverings should be worn in all areas including classrooms. To avoid challenge, pupils and staff who are exempt from wearing face coverings should wear their lanyards. This mitigation has been approved by PHE and will be kept under review.
- We have asked all staff to help our pupils maintain good hand and respiratory hygiene.
- We are increasing the availability of hand sanitiser and will be monitoring the wipe down routines that should take place at the beginning of every lesson.
- We will continue to ensure all of our classrooms are well ventilated: windows, doors and external doors will be kept open to allow the air to circulate.
- To reduce our pupils mixing and crossing bubbles inside the school buildings, we ask that pupils do not arrive before 8:30am. We are aware some pupils may arrive earlier than this by bus. Furthermore, pupils should remain outside in the fresh air until 8:45am.
- Please continue to use the Lateral Flow Device tests twice weekly and advise us of any positive results at the very earliest opportunity (by emailing Assistant Head Miss Brace C.Brace@deerparkschool.net) and book a confirmatory PCR test.
Parents are asked to be more cautious than usual and should not send children into school with any of the following symptoms of COVID-19:
- a high temperature
- a new continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
'I really appreciate the cooperation of support of all pupils and parents involved. I am grateful for the very prompt communication from parents to let us know of a case and the understanding nature of the parents who then receive the subsequent phones calls. I have been impressed by the maturity of the pupils when we explain to them and the commitment they have shown to switching to remote learning. The staff involved have been fantastic in the speed at which they respond to a situation.' Miss Brace, Assistant Head