At Cirencester Deer Park School we ensure that all of our pupils are able to access their entitlement to a broad and balanced curriculum in Key Stage 3 and, while we retain an entitlement to the core subjects, we offer opportunities for some specialisation in Key Stage 4. We use data to inform our planning and, as a consequence, our curriculum is highly personalised, particularly in Key Stage 4. It aims to help our pupils develop the skills, attitudes and values of confident and resilient independent learners who achieve the highest possible standards. In three consecutive Ofsted inspections (2007, 2010 and 2013) our curriculum has been judged to be ‘outstanding’:
The school’s curriculum is outstanding. It offers pupils a wide range of appropriate and varied courses that meet the needs and interests of pupils of all abilities.
Ofsted Inspection Report, June 2013
Our school curriculum is designed to ensure that all pupils:
- make good progress and achieve well relative to their prior attainment;
- receive their entitlement in line with statutory curriculum frameworks;
- are treated as individuals with different learning styles, needs and aspirations;
- receive advice and support in preparation for further education and employment;
- develop the skills and attitudes of resilient, reflective and independent learners;
- acquire social and interpersonal skills to enable them to be reciprocal learners; working constructively and cooperatively with others;
- respond to experiences with sensitivity, creativity and imagination;
- become resourceful learners, developing thinking and problem solving skills;
- are challenged and supported to reach their potential and achieve the highest possible standards of attainment;
- appreciate diversity, are tolerant and understanding and prepared for life in modern Britain.
Please take the time to explore what our faculties offer: