Values & Standards
Our Core Values
Our school aims reflect the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, equality and mutual respect for and tolerance of all faiths, race, age, gender and ability. We aim to be a school in which pupils and staff:
- are challenged to achieve more than they first thought possible
- take pride in and celebrate achievement
- are self-confident, tolerant and responsible
- co-operate with respect for each other
- are forward thinking and reflective
- are prepared for change
- practise equality of opportunity
- share a commitment to lifelong learning.
Consultation across the community of the school in 2015-16 confirmed our shared values.
Our school standards are reviewed every three years to ensure they reflect our shared values and the core principles of community in which we all wish to learn and work. They underpin the ethos of our school and the relationships within it. They help us ensure our school is a pleasant and safe place for everyone. They are simple and clearly understood. They set out our expectations of each other, build on common sense and promote courtesy and good manners.
All members of our school community contribute to regular reviews of our school standards through consultation and participation in active groups such as our school council. In 2015-16 our pupil-led working group consulted with pupils and parents through our Learning and Curriculum Conferences, staff on an in-service training day and governors at Board meetings.
School Standards 2015-2018
In our learning community, we are all responsible for our actions: we
- Welcome everyone
- Respect and cooperate with each other
- Apply our best efforts
- Support and value everyone
- Embrace and celebrate difference
- Prevent bullying
- Take pride in our uniform
- Look after our school
Parents and pupils are invited to sign our partnership agreement which sets out the expectations that should exist between home and school and this forms the basis of our ‘learning triangle’. These are based on our School Standards and reflect our shared values.