Coronavirus: Health Advice
Updated information about coronavirus (COVID-19)
For the most up-to-date information, check
Current government advice (as at 25 March 2020) is as follows:
Stay at home
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home)
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home.
Anyone can spread the virus.
Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.
As you will be aware, following Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s announcement on Monday 23 March, the British nation has been instructed to stay at home. We should only be leaving our homes for essential and key reasons as little as possible:
- Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
- One form of exercise a day alone or with members of your household
- Any medical need, to provide care or help to a vulnerable person
- Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home.
As a school, we are still providing a learning environment for children of key workers and vulnerable pupils. For children of key workers, however, this should only be if you have no other childcare options. Find out more...