Friends of Deer Park
A message from Friends of Deer Park School
As we reach the end of term (July 2019), we The Friends of Deer Park would like to say a big thank you to parents who have helped us raise vital funds for the Friends of Deer Park School during the course of this academic year, whether by volunteering to help at events, donating uniform, buying drinks and refreshments at parents' evenings and sports events, or by raising money online through easyfundraising.
"The Friends are a very important part of the School. They help to fund so many features and we are very grateful for their hard work." Miss Brace, Assistant Head
Thanks to your help and support we have raised thousands of pounds, which will be used to fund enriching initiatives that benefit all pupils. This year we have funded a range of projects including:
- Zumba sessions for Key Stage 4 pupils to encourage health and well-being during exams
- Materials for an after school Christmas Craft Club run by the school’s Pastoral Team
- Growth Mindset resources for all Year 7 & Year 8 pupils
- Large pitch-side boot scrappers
- Recycling bins within the main school building
- A foldable wheelchair for medical emergencies
- Enriching and specialised sports coaching to support all pupils' learning during National School Sport Week.
We hope you have a great summer. We have some exciting fundraising plans for the next academic year, so watch this space! Our next meeting will be on Tuesday 10 September 2019 in the PLC (Library), so do come along if you are a parent and want to find out more about the Friends of Deer Park.
I am very grateful to all members of The Friends of Deer Park who support our school in so many ways, from providing refreshments at school events and selling second hand uniform to investing in our pupils’ learning by helping us provide the little extras that make an enormous difference! Thank you.
Chiquita Henson, Headteacher