Year 11 Revision Space
Book a space in school to revise
We recognise that our pupils learn and revise in different ways and that, for some of our Year 11s, home may not be the optimal environment for GCSE revision. We are offering Year 11s the opportunity to book revision space in school from Monday 16 May, when study leave commences. This may also work for those pupils who have a morning or afternoon exam and do not live locally or have access to easy transport home. Pupils will need to remain on site for the whole day/s that they book. Mrs Lang, Deputy Head, will be emailing Year 11s with more details on Friday 29 April 2022.
Our expectations are set out below.
All Year 11 pupils are very welcome to come into school to revise. Pupils need to be aware that:
- Pupils who opt to revise in school will be required to work in school all day (no part day bookings are allowed);
- Pupils will be supervised in classrooms (we cannot guarantee access to computers but will try to make these available to use);
- Pupils will not be able to move around the school and find a teacher to ask them questions. They may be supervised by a teacher that does not usually teach them;
- Pupils do not have to wear uniform, however they do need to dress appropriately;
- Pupils will have access to the Atrium during break and lunchtimes and will need to use their smartcard for any food/drinks required.
HOW TO BOOK
- Pupils should check their school email for an email from Mrs Lang which includes the booking link.
- The booking form can only be submitted ONCE, so pupils need to think carefully about when they want to work in school. They should consider the booking form alongside their exam timetable to help them plan. If they need to make a change to their plans, they need to contact Mrs Lang or Miss Brace.
- Pupils should select the day/s that they would like to be in school (all day) to study. We will ensure that there is a space for them to work.
- On the day that they have booked, they should go to Reception who will direct them to the place that they will be working.
- If they book to revise in school after a morning exam, again, they should go to Reception who will advise them of the location.
The booking form will close on Wednesday 11 May at 5pm in order to give school time to plan the accommodation required, based on the demand.