The Expressive Arts Faculty inspires a love of Music, Drama and Performing Arts in all pupils. We deliver a curriculum that helps pupils appreciate a range of different art forms, but simultaneously is a way to develop social and emotional intelligences. We provide opportunities for pupils to broaden their creativity and are an outward facing faculty enabling pupils to contribute to their local community.
Our curriculum is built on a spiral curriculum, revisiting skills each year to improve them, adding more detail and applying them to different situations.
We aim to:
- Provide a learning environment that pupils feel confident and safe in and are creative;
- Ensure schemes of learning provide understanding and exploration of how Expressive Arts subjects are created, produced and communicated, as stated in the national curriculum with clear progression;
- Ensure that all lessons meet pupils needs and provides support and challenge;
- Consistently achieve excellent exam results;
- Be a faculty where staff are provided with opportunities to continue their professional development to remain up to date with the knowledge needed to teach across the Key Stages;
- Provide opportunities outside of lessons that inspire pupils and involve them in experiences that are ‘bigger than themselves’;
- Involve schools in the Corinium Education Trust.
The Faculty is split into three areas: